Monday 22 November 2010

HARVEST HOME

In September, this year, I did a grand mail out of my work entering competitions and sending scripts to script readers and fringe theatres. I am happy to say that some of my chickens have roosted. I started off by being long listed for Flash Fiction 500 then there was ScriptReaders who were offering 12 slots for rehearsed readings at Stratford East. My play Sa's Story reached the third and final stage. Tonight I've just heard I am one of the three prizewinners for the Clemence Dane award for my play Homecoming.
All encouraging stuff. It is hard taking rejection but I've learned to cope with it. I just keep sending out, sending out. That's the secret to have lots of your material 'out there' And now and again you reap the harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment