Sunday 5 December 2010

CHRISTMAS

Whether we like it or not, Christmas is well and truly on its way. Every year I say I am not sending cards, not decorating the house, I wish I could stay on my own and just read and write. But there is a child like part of me that sneakily starts to get into the spirit of Christmas. I am enchanted by the lights in Brighton strung like an enormous blue spider's web above the clock tower, and I'll be checking out the London lights next week in Regent street. I'll send cards, I like to receive them, I love having post. I suppose all those with a creative mind retain this child within so that we keep on observing, questioning, being surprised. And never grow old.

1 comment:

  1. I think I feel ambivalent about christmas more than any other subject,having had some great ones,some terrible ones and one christmas from hell! However,Jenny I think I know what you mean here- I believe I might be starting to enjoy again that exhalted state of seeing with an increasingly joyous childlike experience as each one comes and goes.Here's to a very happy Christmas for all of us - we can but wish.As Greg Lake sings in the pop/rock christmas song played every year on the radio" I believe in Father Christmas" :'. . .Hallelujah Noel,be it Heaven or Hell,the Christmas we get we deserve. . '.However,I prefer Roy Woods declaration:" I wish it could be Christmas every day".I really do wish that I always have done,I think I always will.
    regards and a very Happy Christmas to all swigggers,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete